Lytle Veterinary Clinic | Lytle, TX
Who We Are:
At the Lytle Veterinary Clinic (https://lytlevet.com/), you will experience an atmosphere of a team that loves to encourage and motivate one another to practice the best medicine, for every patient, every time. That passion extends to our clients through proactively educating them to become better pet owners.
We are a small animal clinic, just south of San Antonio, Texas. Close enough to enjoy big-city amenities but far enough away to enjoy the slower pace of country life. Our clinic, as well as our community, has experienced a lot of growth over the past couple of years, and we are looking for a small animal Associate Veterinarian ready to become established in a progressive practice and work closely with our clients and provide exceptional care to our patients.
A great place to live:
The city of San Antonio is just a short drive from Lytle and is full of family fun and Texas history. Visit the Alamo, Mission trails, and some of our many museums to learn all about Texas and San Antonio. On the beautiful Riverwalk, you can enjoy shopping, dining, theaters, social clubs, and museums. They also have Sea World, Fiesta Texas, the Zoo, and Caverns to explore – all just minutes from each other. Texas is also known for its beautiful Hill Country where you can go for water recreation, hiking, camping, hunting, and scenery. The wildflower-covered hills in the spring are majestic! Just outside of San Antonio are some of the oldest towns in Texas- Gruene, Fredericksburg, and Luckenbach- you can shop, eat, visit wineries and even enjoy some live music. Like the beach? We are a short 3-hour drive from the beaches of the Texas Gulf Coast. San Antonio also hosts the Southwest Veterinary Symposium every other year!
About our hospital:
- Modern building – built-in 2005. Three exam rooms, treatment area, lab/pharmacy room, surgery suite, isolation room, large dog boarding with separate cat boarding.
- In-house laboratory with Heska. In-house urinalysis and sediment, fecal flotation, PCV, TP, FeLV/FIV, Heartworm 4dx. External testing through TVMDL, and other labs as needed.
- Sevoflurane and Isoflurane anesthesia, electro-surgery, orthopedic surgery supplies. Also work closely with surgeons for in-house advanced procedures (TPLO, fracture repair, splenectomy with Ligasure, nephrectomy, etc.)
- New dentistry unit, full mouth digital dental x-rays
- Digital x-ray
- Excellent surgical monitoring – pulse oximetry, capnography, ECG, BP, temp.
- Large pharmacy
- AviMark software to manage a large database of animals.
We are seeking an experienced small animal associate veterinarian to join our team. Candidates with 1+ years of experience, strong client education and communication skills, and interest in ownership are strongly encouraged to apply. Upon hiring, we’ll sit down with you to explore your professional aspirations and, if appropriate, develop a plan with you to ensure you’re doing what brings you joy in practice.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in Texas.
- At least one year of practice experience preferred.
- Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding the veterinary code of ethics.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Works collaboratively with hospital team members.
- Makes decisions confidently and effectively.
- Manages time and tasks appropriately.
- Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
- Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth.
Competitive benefits package offered including:
- Dues and Licenses
- Relocation assistance
- Signing bonus
Contact Becca Keiser at email@example.com. In order to allow our team to continue to focus their time and attention on our patients and clients, please do not contact the hospital directly.