Small Animal Associate Veterinarian
Are you seeking a privately owned, AAHA-accredited, and multi-doctor practice that shares your same
passion for small animal medicine?
At Churchland and North Suffolk Animal Clinic, our team is dedicated to supporting you in all facets of your veterinary career. Whether you’re an experienced veterinarian or a recent graduate, we’ll help you get to where you want to be!
What you can expect working as an associate veterinarian with our inclusive and goofy team!
- Choosing a schedule that works best for you and your family.
- Leaving work on time! We want to enjoy all that there is outside of work just as much as you do.
- An AAHA-accredited clinic that continues to maintain the highest standards of veterinary medicine.
- Multi-doctor teams who tap into each other for advice and input.
Our team has coached new graduates for years and we love it! We value the fresh perspective and progressive insight and dynamic that new grads bring to our team. A structured coaching program is available to all new graduates seeking support, hands-on training, and case collaboration. Your coaching will include:
- 1-3 weeks of shadowing and training with current DVMs.
- 1-2 weeks of DVMs shadowing you and being available to discuss treatment plans and answer any questions you have.
- Not being left alone for surgeries until you feel comfortable and confident.
Compensation And Benefits
- $110-$120k salary paid on 20% production – no negative accrual
- $8,000 Sign-on bonus and relocation assistance
- 3 weeks PTO
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K with 3-6% employer contribution
- $3,000 CE allowance + CE days
- Short & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible work schedule
- Fully stocked break room with snacks and drinks
- Quarterly team-building activities
- Annual team and family event
- Pet Employee Discounts
- Dues and licensing fees
How does the idea of having access to a popular beach and river within less than 30 minutes sound? Our clinics are located close to the Nansemond River and within 30 minutes of Virginia Beach! Our warm weather provides a lot of enjoyable outdoor recreational and social activities. The public, private, and growing homeschool community also make this a wonderful and safe area to raise and educate children. We are also in a military-dense community which gives us the privilege to serve a diverse caseload that includes the companion animals of those who serve our country. If you’re seeking an area that caters to a variety of lifestyles and activities, this could be the place for you!