Small Animal Associate Veterinarian
Joining the Dietz family as an associate veterinarian means:
- Enjoy your workdays with a blocked-off lunch from 12pm – 2pm, no weekend shifts, no after-hour calls, and heading home at 5 pm. Dietz recognizes that there is more to life than just work. Join a team that makes it possible for you to leave work at work!
- Our bi-weekly staff meetings and lunch and learns keep our team actively striving for growth and learning. We maintain a supportive staff by hosting quarterly staff events such as: river floating, baseball games, and team dinners.
- Dr. Dietz will proactively support you in your professional goals and thoroughly enjoys surgery. He is happy to share his passion for education and progressive medicine with an experienced veterinarian or new graduate. Candidates that are looking to enhance their clinical skills are encouraged to apply!
GROWTH & OPPORTUNITY
- Grow with us! Clients from near and far choose to travel to Dietz Family Pet Hospital to seek reliable care for their pets. The stable growth in clientele has opened the door for us to build a new hospital in 2023 that will be over 4,000 square ft. Be a part of our growth and exciting plans as we continue to expand our services to our loyal clients.
- Our team works hard because they care. We utilize the skills of our technicians so you can focus your time and attention on treating your patients. Work with a team that communicates, collaborates, and takes care of one another.
‘Family’ is a part of our name for a reason. Our family mentality is our recipe for success as a reliable haven to provide quality care to the clients and pets that enter our German-Texas charming farmhouse. Dietz Family Pet Hospital is seeking a small animal associate veterinarian to join our one-doctor and growing practice in Richmond, Texas! If you want to work in an upbeat, positive, and cohesive environment, we encourage you to apply!
Richmond is the ideal spot for living in a quaint and rural town while being less than 20 minutes from Houston! Richmond’s a vibrant town that comes with years of history and culture, being one of the oldest cities in Texas. Its unique blend of small-town charm and easy access to bigger cities makes it an attractive and comfortable place to settle. Explore the local farmer’s markets, historic downtown shops, outdoor activities, and beautiful Brazos River. Find out for yourself why so many people are proud to call Richmond, Texas their home!
Dietz Family Pet Hospital is proud to be a part of Inspire Veterinary Partners, the first employee-owned hospital network with a mission to build a vibrant veterinary organization that offers equity to members of the entire veterinary and support team – not just a select few. Our model includes:
- Stock option opportunities for all team members, not just those with select job titles
- Compensation packages on par or better than others in our industry
- A passionate focus on professional well-being which informs our schedules and generous paid time off structures
- Development and support in the form of experienced leadership and expert consultancy
Compensation & Benefits
- $113,000 pro-sal compensation paid on 20% production
- $15,000 sign-on bonus
- 401k with 3% employer match
- $3,000 annual continuing education stipend and PTO
- We provide medical/dental/vision to all associates working 20 hours a week or more (measured quarterly to average 240 hours). These are paid 100% for the employee, with additional family member coverage available at the employee’s discretion through payroll deduction.
- PTO: 2 weeks year one/ 4 weeks year two+
- 6 flex/bereavement/sick days + 6 paid holidays
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance – Employer paid for the employee
- EAP Wellness and Work/Life coaches & services
- Relocation assistance
- Mentorship program customized to your preferences
- Medical coaching via Blue Heron Consulting
- Individualized coaching via Blue Heron Consulting
- Opportunity to participate in anticipated future company stock option plan and shared-equity models
- State license/DEA reimbursement